The Outreach and Enrollment Specialist is responsible to provide opportunities for community residents who lack access to healthcare and health insurance, provide enrollment and application follow-up assistance and build/strengthen enrollment collaborations with local partner organizations. The goal of the Outreach and Enrollment Specialist is to increase health insurance coverage and access to quality health, dental and behavioral health care for community residents.
This is a 4 month contact with the possibility of becoming a direct hire role after the assignment
Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm
• Provide enrollment assistance (including but not limited to completing coverage applications, gathering required documentation and troubleshooting the enrollment process) for uninsured children and adults to access subsidized, low cost and free health insurance programs through the health insurance marketplace, Medicaid, and other programs
• Provide structured patient education on health coverage, engage in follow-up conversations and offer renewal assistance for enrolled individuals.
• Distribute outreach materials to patients, community members, partner organizations and businesses to build coverage option awareness.
• Develop, discover and attend community events in order to promote coverage options, spur enrollment and build referral linkages.
• Assist in the development and implementation of organizational outreach and enrollment initiatives.
• Knowledge of State and Federal programs to ensure reimbursement from Medicare, Medi-Cal and other third-party payers Outreach & Enrollment Specialist
• Knowledge of health plans and ability to effectively communicate these requirements to physicians and administrative personnel under time-urgent conditions.
• Input patient's basic demographic information and insurance status in the practice management and electronic health record software, updating information as needed; assess patient's financial eligibility
• Maintain communication/correspondence with insurance/IPA/program carrier
• Available to work Weekends and evenings if needed
• Microsoft Office and telephone protocol
• Ability to remain organized while managing multiple details
• Bilingual English/Spanish Required
• High School Diploma or GED
• One year of general clerical and customer service experience
• Previous experience in government program eligibility and screenings
• Valid California Driver's License, auto insurance and available transportation