We are partnered with a federally qualified healthcare center with locations across Los Angeles, Riverside, & San Bernardino counties to help them find a Risk Manager. As the Risk Manager you will be responsible for providing support to the Director of Quality, Quality department and Executive Leadership. This role will be based out of their corporate office in Downtown Los Angeles.
In this role you will play a key part in the behind-the-scenes of a community health organization. This is a great opportunity for someone who has experience in healthcare quality assurance, risk management and performance improvement and is looking to take their next step.
Their mission as an organization is to minimize disparities in healthcare access and outcomes by providing superior-quality, patient-centered healthcare. They provide a variety of services in medically underserved areas such as: primary care, preventative care, minor emergency services, and some specialty services including dental care.
· Working collaboratively with members of the Quality department, Management Teams and the Professional Staff, the Clinical Risk Manager is responsible for performing duties that support the risk management objectives, performance improvement, peer review support, and other quality review duties.
· The Clinical Risk Manager, in collaboration with the Director of Quality, Vice President of Patient Care Services, the Chief Medical Officer and the Chief Executive Officer, promotes and monitors patient safety initiatives throughout the organization.
· The Clinical Risk Manager is responsible to the Director of Quality for assisting with investigating adverse patient outcomes, analyzing events, formulating safety plans, participating in policy review, supporting peer review duties and committee, participating in Sentinel Event investigations, facilitating root cause analysis and/or focused reviews or debriefs, claims investigations, and assisting with responses to regulatory agencies.
· Consults with staff, leadership, physicians, risk management consultants, legal teams, and other risk management, quality and regulatory organizations to ensure application of best practice procedures, policy alignment, and our compliance with rules and regulations in order to reduce risk for patient harm, monitor and maintain quality, safe patient care.
· Additionally, the Clinical Risk Manager will assist the Quality department and Director of Quality with departmental programs, projects, initiatives, or activities as directed.
· Maintains current knowledge of ACHC, state and CMS standards and assists the organization in maintaining compliance with all applicable standards.
· Experience in healthcare, healthcare quality assurance, risk management and performance improvement are preferred.
· Demonstrated knowledge of chart reviews looking for risk issues and a basic understanding of risk management.
· Knowledge of healthcare safety best practices and procedures.
· Ability to maintain complete confidentiality of all work assignments.
· Expert skill in gathering, analyzing, and evaluating data. Demonstrates good organization and communication skills.
· Highly developed interpersonal, leadership, and team building skills with the ability to work effectively with medical, nursing, ancillary, and administrative staff, as well as public and external agencies.
· Excellent customer service recovery skills with patients and family members.
· Proficient skill in communicating with a wide variety of people from diverse backgrounds.
· Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite as well as the ability to utilize other forms of software.